Planning a trip to the track and still looking at transport options?
Seriously consider a Rent – a – Dent rental car from Queenstown, Te Anau or Invercargill – you can pick your car up from the airport – easy as.
They are offering our walkers a fantastic 40% off when you are coming down to walk the track
If you hire a car for five days, two of them will be for free – it’s a bargain!
Driving times (these are direct times, with no hold ups or stops which are both common):
Invercargill – Tuatapere 1 hour
Te Anau – Tuatapere 1 hour 20 minutes
Queenstown – Tuatapere 2 hours
- The Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track is a loop track and starts 20 minutes from Tuatapere itself and it’s really handy to have your own vehicle to get you to the carpark. This also means you can take your time on the last day – no need to rush to meet our track transport at a particular time.
- There is a donation box at the entrance of the carpark, and residents nearby who watch over the cars. This system has worked really well over the years and there hasn’t been much trouble.
- If you are heading down during the busy summer months – make sure you get in quick, they don’t have an endless supply of cars and with this awesome deal they are snapped up quickly.
- If you don’t have your own vehicle, we offer a track transport service from Tuatapere to the Start/Finish for $40 return per person. Please book this when you book your walk.
- Click on the city your are flying to, at www.rentadent.co.nz