Clive Copeman, Dunedin photographer/guide has been announced as the second ‘celebrity’ walker on the Hump Ridge Track themed Celebrity Walk Week in March 2011.
Clive first realized the Hump Ridge’s photographic potential as part of a Jules Lund tour at the start of this year and has come back to help snap happy walkers make the most of their surroundings on the celebrity walk.
Celebrity Walk Week is an annual fundraiser for the Tuatapere Hump Track Trust – the charitable trust that manages the track. All money raised goes into track and facility upgrading.
“The Hump Ridge Track offers some of the best visual variety of any of New Zealand’s walks with coastal, forest, heritage and alpine scenery to enjoy.” said Clive. “It’s a feast for photographers.”
Celebrity Walk Week participants can have their packs flown between lodges, a hot shower when they arrive and a gourmet meal cooked for them each night.
The walk is priced at only $995pp (the best value, three-day guided walk in Fiordland) and places are expected to fill up fast as additional celebrity guides are announced.
For track information, package details or to book, go to www.humpridgetrack.co.nz or contact the Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track office on 03 226 6739.
Planning a trip to the track and still looking at transport options?
Seriously consider a Rent – a – Dent rental car from Queenstown, Te Anau or Invercargill – you can pick your car up from the airport – easy as.
They are offering our walkers a fantastic 40% off when you are coming down to walk the track
If you hire a car for five days, two of them will be for free – it’s a bargain!
Driving times (these are direct times, with no hold ups or stops which are both common):
Invercargill – Tuatapere 1 hour
Te Anau – Tuatapere 1 hour 20 minutes
Queenstown – Tuatapere 2 hours
- The Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track is a loop track and starts 20 minutes from Tuatapere itself and it’s really handy to have your own vehicle to get you to the carpark. This also means you can take your time on the last day – no need to rush to meet our track transport at a particular time.
- There is a donation box at the entrance of the carpark, and residents nearby who watch over the cars. This system has worked really well over the years and there hasn’t been much trouble.
- If you are heading down during the busy summer months – make sure you get in quick, they don’t have an endless supply of cars and with this awesome deal they are snapped up quickly.
- If you don’t have your own vehicle, we offer a track transport service from Tuatapere to the Start/Finish for $40 return per person. Please book this when you book your walk.
- Click on the city your are flying to, at www.rentadent.co.nz